…from Rackspace to Digital Ocean and from one large-ish server to several smaller ones, from a relatively prehistoric version of RedHat to the latest Ubuntu 14LTS, from Zend Server+Apache to nginx (openresty actually), and from PHP5.2 to PHP5.5. It really wasn’t as painful as it sounds like it should have been. As part of the move, we also made some improvements in error and uptime reporting, integrated into a Slack channel for near real-time monitoring.
Actually the move is pretty much complete, although we’re still tinkering a bit with the caching and load balancing setup — we apologize for any brief outages you may experience while we do that — since we couldn’t afford to completely replicate the entire server stack in a staging environment.
Getting browser/proxy/server caching right is actually taking more time than we anticipated. We’ll let you know here as soon as we turn our attention to other things. In the meantime, if you see something, please say something — we’ve got issues!